Open PositionsApply Online Download Application
Summary: Responsible for setting up and operating computer numerically controlled (CNC) machines to produce precision components that meet quality and production requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interprets component drawings, studies sample parts, blueprints and engineering information to determine product dimensions and tolerances, sequence of operations and setup requirements to fabricate product.
- Determines tooling requirements by selecting the appropriate tools, machines, and materials to be used in preparation of machinery work.
- Selects, aligns and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines; lays out, measures, and marks material for subsequent machining.
- Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut, or enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media according to established guidelines and procedures.
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining and adjusts machine controls as required.
- Verifies conformance of finished work-piece to specifications, using measuring and inspection tools as necessary.
- Effectively operates a variety of other machining equipment including manual machines, Wire EDM and Sinker EDM.
- Accurately completes production and quality documents.
- Performs basic machine tool troubleshooting by utilizing and interpreting operator/maintenance manuals; cleans and lubricates machines, tools, and equipment to remove grease, rust, stains, and foreign matter.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Strives to improve productivity, reduce scrap and material waste in an efficient and organized manner.
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Performs other production assignments as necessary.
- Maintains a professional working relationship and effectively communicates with all employees, managers, vendors, customers and regulatory agencies.
- Understands and complies with company policies and procedures, regulatory requirements and safety regulations.
- Regular attendance at work is required.
- Requires a high school diploma or general education degree (GED); prior related production experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Why Work at Gauthier Biomedical
If you’re looking for a great place to work, you just found it! In addition to numerous employment opportunities, Gauthier Biomedical offers a solid compensation and benefits package including...
We are committed to providing our employees and their family affordable, comprehensive insurance benefits. Eligible employees can elect:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
In addition, we provide the following benefits at NO COST to our employees:
- Life/AD&D Insurance
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Wellness Benefits
Flexible Spending Accounts
Employees can allocate pre-tax dollars, via payroll deduction, to pay for eligible expenses through their HealthCare FSA and/or Dependent Care FSA.
401(k) Plan with Company Match
Eligible employees can elect to make Traditional Pre-Tax 401(k) contributions and/or as a Roth contribution (After-Tax) up to the annual IRS limits.
Gauthier Biomedical will make a Safe Harbor Matching Contribution equal to 100% of the employee contribution up to 3% of the employee’s compensation, and 50% of the employee contribution for the next 2% of their compensation.
Work Hours & Shift Premium
To accommodate our diverse workforce and family commitments, as well as business needs, we offer several different work schedule options. In addition, most of our positions are available as full-time or part-time opportunities.
Our full-time production employees are scheduled to work:
- 1st shift: 7:00AM – 3:30PM; Monday through Friday.
- 1st shift: 8:30AM – 5:00PM; Monday through Friday.
- 2nd shift: 3:30PM – 2:00AM; Monday through Thursday; 4 ten-hour days, plus a shift premium!
Personal Time Off (PTO)
Our PTO program combines vacation time, sick time and personal days off into one benefit, which starts accruing on the employee’s first day! This benefit allows employees to accrue 12 days of PTO to use during their first year.
We do not work on holidays! Our full-time employees receive 9 paid holidays each year to spend with their families.
Direct Deposit Payroll
No more running to the bank to cash your paycheck. Employees receive a secure, password protected email with their paystub information.
We support employees in their quest to improve their job-related skills and knowledge, and to acquire the education necessary to prepare for career-related promotional opportunities. Several training and development opportunities are available depending on your learning objectives and career goals.
No personal tools are necessary! Keep your tools at home and use them for your own projects. We supply the necessary tools for you to do your job here.
Onsite Fitness Center
We have an on-site fitness center where employees can use a variety of state-of-the-art fitness equipment.
We have numerous company events throughout the year. Not only do we have Dessert Competitions, Chili Cook-off contests, Halloween Costume parties, Thanksgiving Feasts, Corn Roasts, Brewers/Packer Parties, luncheons, etc., we also host March Madness and Ping Pong tournaments (Basketball & Ping Pong skills are not required). We’ve had fun planning new/unique events, such as a Car Show, Golf events and Pinewood Derby race. And, we typically end the year with a phenomenal Christmas Party at a local establishment. We are serious about fun!
Charitable Contributions and Sponsorships
We support our employees! What’s important to our employees, is important to us. Through employee suggestions, we have been a Corporate Sponsor for the MACC Fund and sponsored employee bowling teams. We have also sponsored teams in the Bastille Day Run and Turkey Trot, as well as other local community events. We’ve supported families through Holiday Gift Giving via Ozaukee Family Services, had winter coat drives to support Angels Among Us, sponsored the Boys & Girls Club fundraising activities, as well as countless financial charitable donations.
Great Work Environment
Gauthier Biomedical has state-of-the-art equipment and technology in our air-conditioned building. There is a courtyard in the center of our building for cookouts and outdoor lunchbreaks. We also have a Ping-Pong table and Pop-A-Shot game on the production floor for employees to use during breaks along with a Basketball court in the parking lot. We certainly know how to work hard and play hard!
We Support Our Future
We have participated on Marquette University’s Engineering Advisory Boards as well as offered Internships and Co-op opportunities to college students. We have hired and mentored high school students through County Youth Apprenticeship Programs. We have given tours to numerous local Technical Colleges and High Schools, as well as participated in Career Days and Expos, to generate interest in manufacturing careers to aspiring students.
Family Owned with Family Values
- Commitment to Excellence – We know how vital our jobs are. We continuously pursue innovative ideas and solutions that have the potential to make a difference.
- Teamwork - We are one team, no exceptions. We are a group of talented and diverse individuals unified by a clear common purpose. We treat each other with mutual respect, and we foster an environment of collaboration.
- Integrity – We maintain strong moral and ethical principles in all our actions; we do what is right.
- Personal Accountability – We deliver on our commitments; we take ownership of our performance, actions and decisions.
- Good Citizens – We are good citizens; we invest in the communities where we live and work.
See for yourself what makes Gauthier Biomedical a great place to work!
Apply today using our online form. If you prefer to apply offline, please download the Employment Application Form, completing and emailing along with your resume and any additional supporting documentation to HR@gauthierbiomedical.com.
Brenda Peiffer, SPHR
Human Resource Manager